HOME > Cources > FAQ


Answers to frequently asked questions

About School

Where is CBC located?

Route Map

CBC is located in Kawasaki city, Kanagawa prefecture. It is a convenient location, a 2-minute walk from Keikyukawasaki Station and a 4-minute walk from JR Kawasaki Station. Kawasaki city is located between Tokyo and Yokohama. It is only 7 minutes to Yokohama by train, 17 minutes to Tokyo, and 13 minutes to Haneda Airport.

Do you have a student dormitory?

The dormitory maintains a very high security level, as the main entrance is an automatically lockable door, and security cameras have been installed on each floor and in the elevator. Moreover, all rooms are soundproof, and MAIL HALL is an earthquake-proof building and just a 1-minute walk to the classroom. Moreover, Leopalace 21 dormitories are also available, with a 20-minute commute.

  • School Dormitory on the 5th, 6th and 7th floors of MAIN HALL

  • Inside the Dormitory

Do you have a self-study room?

Self-Study Room

There is a library on the 3rd floor of MAIN HALL. The library is open from after-school to 8:30 pm on weekdays and from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturdays. PCs and wireless LAN are available free-of-charge.

Are there any scholarships?

Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students; Kawasaki International Association Financial Assistance Program for Foreign Students; and the CBC scholarship. Terms: High Attendance Rate, Superior Grades, Satisfactory Classroom Attitude.

  • CBC scholarship

  • Kawasaki International Association Financial Assistance Program

Can I buy a commuter pass?

CBC is a college so our students can purchase a pass at discount rates. Also, if the distance traveled one-way exceeds 100km using the JR lines, the fare will be reduced by 20%. You also can receive student discounts at cinemas, etc.

Courses and Admissions

What kind of courses do you have?

We have long-term courses (one year), short-term courses (1 month or 3 months), and private or group lessons. There is also the Department of Business Japanese (2 years), Please visit each of their pages for details.

How is my class-level determined?

There is a placement test before your class starts. After an interview in simple Japanese, a written test is administered.

Can I observe a lesson?

Classes and Lessons

Yes, you can. Please contact us in advance. During school events and the term examination period, lesson observation is not available.


How many students are in a class?

On average, there are about 16 students per class. The classes consist of many different nationalities.

Do you teach in Japanese?

All of our lessons are taught by experienced instructors in Japanese. However, there are staff members who speak English, Chinese and Korean. We support both your studies and life in Japan.

Tell me about the educational guidance and counseling?

Tell me about the educational guidance and counseling?

What is the attendance rate to graduate?

CBC has a strict attendance policy, and a minimum attendance rate of 85% is required to graduate. Students with poor attendance rates will have individual guidance, and if attendance rates do not improve, may be expelled from school.

Are there any elective subjects?

For intermediate or upper-level classes, there are electives for 7 hours a week. Students can choose according to the purpose of the university examination, employment and their interests. We also have Japanese-culture experience classes and invite external lecturers for special classes.

  • Special Class by External Lecturer

  • Special Class by External Lecturer

Is there any opportunity to interact with Japanese people?

There are many events such as visiting elementary schools in Kawasaki, exchange activities with university students and Kawasaki citizens, and exchange meetings with Japanese students at CBC.

  • Thai dancing in elementary school

  • Challenge to playing cards in Japan

  • Kawasaki exchange meetings with citizens

  • Specialized courses for Japanese students to discuss school

About Life in Japan

How should I apply for a Residence Card and enroll in the National Health Insurance Plan?

Kawasaki Ward Office

These steps can be done at your local ward office or city hall. For students living in dormitories, CBC staff will go with them to the ward office.

Can I have a part-time job?

Those who hold a "College Student Visa" are able to have a part-time job up to 28 hours per week (during summers and other long vacation periods, up to 8 hours per day). Many students work part-time in restaurants, supermarkets and convenience stores.

What should I do in case of illness or injury? Can I use the National Health Insurance?

International students must join the National Health Insurance. Co-payment is 30% of medical costs (70% borne by the government). International students who plan to stay in Japan for less than three months are not eligible for the National Health Insurance, so it is strongly recommended to purchase coverage, such as overseas travel insurance, before arriving in Japan.

How much is living expenses per month?

It depends on the student. From JPY20,000-30,000 is necessary. If you live in a student dormitory, monthly rent will be from around JPY30,000.

  • Shopping Street near Kawasaki Station

  • Plaza Shopping Mall Lazona, West side, Kawasaki Station